Would working for a pioneering travel brand light you up? Does a sales role with a 4-day work week make you jump for joy? If so, you’ll love the news that Inspiring Vacations is looking for passionate travel-savvy souls to join them!
Inspiring Vacations is not just a travel company, it’s a brand that places emphasis on you thriving in your role. In turn, you’ll help this Australian-owned brand thrive as they continue their global expansion.
Leading the charge in the travel industry, Inspiring Vacations offers the ‘Gift of the Fifth’ approach to a four-day working week! There’s no denying that a travel brand that emphasises work-life balance cements their position as a leading employer.
Due to their continued growth and ambitious plans for the future, Inspiring Vacations are seeking an energetic Sales Team Leaders & Sales Consultants who have a passion for traveling. This exciting opportunity would suit an experienced, customer-focused team members who is looking to advance their career with this rapidly growing company.
If you’re an energetic, customer-focused team player looking to advance your career with a rapidly growing business, this Melbourne-based role could be perfect for you.
About Inspiring Vacations
It’s not just us who recognise Inspiring Vacations as an employer of choice. This forward-thinking brand was recognised as Australia’s #1 Best Place to Work in 2023 by the Australian Financial Review (Retail, Hospitality, Tourism, and Entertainment sector). Plus, they nabbed Australia’s Leading Tour Operator at the 2023 World Travel Awards!
Inspiring Vacations operates globally with a presence in Australia, New Zealand, India, and Canada. As a proudly Australian-owned company, the tour operator is poised for further expansion. A little birdy tells us there are plans to establish head offices in both North America and the UK in 2024.
Founded in 2018, Inspiring Vacations has evolved from a modest travel startup to a force to be reckoned with in the touring industry. Their steep upward growth trajectory has seen them most recently secure the #9 position on the Australian Financial Review’s 2023 Fast 100 list, and fifth spot on the esteemed Deloitte Tech Fast 50 list.
Their team couldn’t be happier, with an employee net promoter score (eNPS) of 6 – an outstanding result, with scores 50+ considered excellent.
Pretty major, huh. And you could be working there!
Do you tick all the boxes?
Keen to join Inspiring Vacations on their mission to meticulously craft tours so travellers can make their dreams come true across seven continents? These are the skills Inspiring Vacations are looking for:
- Lead a team booking iconic bucket list travel experiences
- Awarded #1 Best Place to Work by Australian Financial Review
- Lucrative incentives & exciting travel benefits
- Genuine flexibility – hybrid WFH & ‘work-from-anywhere’ options
- Exciting professional development & progression opportunities
- An unwavering commitment to delivering an outstanding customer experience
- Proven experience working in a similar role (high-volume phone sales and/or travel sales) will be highly regarded
- Highly motivated with proven experience achieving goals
- Confidence to engage with a diverse range of people and professional with customers whether face-to-face or via video
- Calm and efficient in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage the unexpected
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and administrative capabilities
- Comfortable learning new systems and digital technologies quickly
- Ability to work independently with strong initiative and organisational skills
- Willing to work work flexibly (including attending regular events) on a consistent, flexible rotating 7-day roster
- Availability to work full-time (with full working rights in Australia).
Learn more about what makes Inspiring Vacations tick here.
Your key responsibilities
If you’re still reading, then the above most likely sounds like you. But how will you measure success in this exciting role?
- Providing an outstanding sales experience
- Taking customer enquiry leads to full development
- Managing high volumes of enquiries (predominantly via phone & email with some events & in-person assistance)
- Assist customers in processing their travel booking
- Provide solutions to resolve customer feedback and complaints effectively
- Work collaboratively with our team to deliver industry-leading service
- Developing a high volume of customer enquiry leads to full development
- Coach, develop, and support your regional team with product information, sales techniques and compliance
- Champion our commitment to providing outstanding, market-leading customer experience via all mediums (phone, chat, email, video chat, events, in person or otherwise as required)
- Achieve agreed KPIs and targets at a team, and individual level
- Drive continuous improvement of sales capability and performance
- Work collaboratively as a team, supporting and driving each other to deliver industry-leading service
- Ensure business processes, systems and standards are followed, reviewed and improved
- Manage escalated issues and complaints as required
- Liaise with internal and external key stakeholders with regards to customer enquiries or bookings where necessary
You’ll receive fantastic perks including a competitive base salary, lucrative incentives, free annual vacations and travel discounts, plus additional vacation leave. Depending on your location, you can choose to work on a flexible remote/hybrid work model and attend regular events, or spend your week in their beautiful Melbourne head office. It’s a positive, progressive and forward-thinking workplace.
Once you’ve snagged this role, you’ll enjoy being part of an award-winning flexible work culture with supportive leadership and a commitment to professional development. This is an exciting chance to grow with Inspiring Vacations as you advance your career.
To submit an application send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, including a short paragraph about what a positive work culture means to you (it’s important to Inspiring Vacations).
Alternatively, you can apply via https://www.inspiringvacations.com/au/careers.
Psst: this role not for you but you still want to join Inspiring Vacations? It’s easy to register as an agent and you’ll have access to their hallmark unbeatable-value travel deals for your clients, with generous commission, 24/7 support and access to its user-friendly and intuitive booking management portal.
This article was brought to you by:
Share this story